I was a news intern at MinnPost, a nonprofit, high-quality news source based in Minnesota, in the fall of 2013 as part of the HECUA: Writing for Social Change program. I wrote and photographed in-depth feature stories on the trafficking and prostitution of women in Minnesota – a previously little-reported topic for the organization – as well as assisted reporters with research for stories on education and addiction. I also took on a self-directed video project and longer-term photo project capturing Twin Cities landmarks for the site’s future use.
- GIFT: Problem-solving court uses an empowerment model that's proving to be effective
- Forum on trafficking of Native women prompts conversations, calls for change
- Anti-trafficking laws and other ways to combat modern slavery: Ambassador Luis CdeBaca offers insights
- Why go local? Independent bookstores offer personalized hospitality, handwritten advice
- Pregnant and addicted: An awful burden to carry